A RELIGIOUS temple which stands 190 feet tall and covers 32 acres of land was first built in the 1950s.
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints temple, in West Park Road, is a sacred place for occasions, such as weddings.
Elder at the church, Don Carpenter, said: "The temple is not a secret, but it is very sacred to us and can only be used for special occasions. It is absolutely beautiful inside."
The Latter-Day Saints Church was organised in 1830 by Joseph Smith, in upstate New York.
Members are often called Mormons because in addition to their belief in the Bible, they accept the Book of Mormon as scripture.
The first LDS missionaries in England arrived in 1837 and, by 1850, there were 34,000 members of the church in England. This compared to just 12,000 in the USA at the same time.
The Book of Mormon is another testament of Jesus Christ, translated from records written by prophets in ancient America.
The Mormons are a branch of Christianity, but neither Protestant nor Catholic.
Building of the temple on West Park Road began on August 27, 1955, and the temple was dedicated on September 7, 1958.
Over 76,000 people toured the building before it was dedicated and it was the first Mormon temple to be built in the UK.
Its construction was part of a major growth in the number of temples led by David O McKay, who performed the dedication.
After 32 years, in 1990, the London temple was closed for remodelling and refurbishing.
An additional 8,500 square feet were added, as well as a fourth floor. In October 1992, President Gordon Hinckley rededicated the London England temple, after a two-week public open house.
A statue of the angel Moroni was placed atop the temple at the conclusion of the Queen's Golden Jubilee celebration in 2002.
The temple had a £100,000 facelift ahead of the celebrations to mark the 50th anniversary of its opening in September 2008.
"We are so proud of the temple, it is one of only two in the UK. It is a place to be adored and loved," Elder Carpenter added.